Monday, August 6, 2012

The Next Step

The shot I gave Julie on Friday dissolved the CL on her left ovary. She is in a good heat and we will be breeding her this Thursday.
Fingers crossed that everything will go smoothly.

I already know the foal's name:
Fate's Juwel

I hope the foal is a filly.

Other good news it looks like she is only going to ovulate on her left ovary which means no twins and that is a very good thing.

Now that it's heading towards the next step I am starting to freak out about money. I'm crazy for doing this. I can afford one horse on my salary but not two and there is no way I'm selling either horse.

Ugh, well, I guess I better stop spending money and I should start saving it.

Fate is my vacations and my new cars and my new clothes and my free time. Fate is my opportunities to travel. All of the other things I want to do I have to give up.

Maybe the foal's barn name with be Faye.

Yea I think it'll be Faye or Fae or Fey or Fay. I'm not sure yet I don't like the "t" in Fate. It's a hard sound and I don't think it'd last as a barn name for 25+ years.

My horses' names were/are: Maggie, Mikey, Julie and I leased a horse named Katie but the 't' in Katie is softened by the 'i' which Fate doesn't have.

So scroll down on this page those pictures make me so excited for next July (if everything goes smoothly)

I hope I can pay for everything. I feel grey hairs growing.

2 comments:

  1. This is so awesome! I just read about Julie's pregnancy. So great!! Praying for you. :)
    --Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Emily! I still can't believe that this is actually happening. It's so amazing and I'm so blessed.

    ReplyDelete