Sunday, October 13, 2013

Update On The Girls

I've been in a bit of a flux lately. Not sure if the horses were staying or going and it turns out the answer was both.
As in the moved from their old barn to a place much closer to me- a place that suits our needs much better. All three loaded and trailered like a dream. Fae was fantastic. Takes after her mom 100% and Lexy was great too.
The other great thing about the new place is that the three of them get turned out together. I was extremely nervous to put the three of them in one paddock so we turned them out in the ring which is huge. They immediately galloped around for a bit, Julie pinned her ears at Lexy and Lexy respected the warnings. Now Julie and Lexy are best buddies and Fae gets to do her own thing. Lexy acts like she was Julie's foal at one point and is now grown up. It is a very weird thing to watch... Julie mothers both of them but also lets them do what they want. Lexy has gotten more relaxed now that she is turned out with Julie. I'm sure they've communicated to each other and Julie has told Lexy that I'm a nice person- at least I hope so.
At any rate I lead the three of them together and they are fine. A perfect little herd.
Here is a photo I took this morning.






Here is the video of their first time out together. No bucking or biting, just a few ear twitches and glares.






No comments:

Post a Comment