Saturday, January 12, 2013

The Duchess is feeling better

First and foremost:
I was an idiot to breed Julie. I should have realized it was going to be way above my salary level. I think with my heart too much.

Side note:
I put Fae on allbreedpedigree which means she has to be born and live. We're worried about Fae being in distress/ the possibility of Julie aborting and I'm really really hoping we have a normal foaling in July and that all of my stress and worry is for nothing.
Julie is doing better. She's eating all of her grain but not much of her hay, luckily I have her on Hay stretcher and on Dengie so she is getting fiber. She's still picky about her food and I have to put a ton of corn oil on it for her to even think about eating her grain. I never thought a mare would be this ridiculous while being pregnant. I guess it comes with being the Duchess of the world and having me as her slave. Yes, I know where I stand in the world. I'm the one who makes sure her every whim is taken care of. I'm her herd and I guess that means she acts more human like than I'd like to admit.

She's doing better, that's the important thing. Now I just have to figure out how I'm going to afford this next vet visit and my rent and my loan bills and maybe even food for me...

My needs are last on the list. Hers are first.

I refer to Julie as the duchess because she is very poised as a horse and holds herself above everyone else. She isn't merely a princess or a queen but a stately mare who quietly rules the barn while she lets other horses think they have the power; but they don't.


No comments:

Post a Comment