Friday, July 20, 2012

Julie's Baby

New Beginnings are something I'm getting used to. In a week or so if all goes well a new life will be brought into existence because of my planning and my decision. I'm having a baby! Well, my mare is having a baby as long as she conceives when she is artificially inseminated this coming week. In eleven months I'll have a foal on the ground and I hope, hope, hope that I can plan for everything. I hope that I'm not making a stupid decision. There is no way I'd be able to sell Julie or the foal. I'm too attached to both of them.
I hope I have a filly, I honestly don't know what I'd do if I had a colt as I'm a mare person.

Anyways. I hope the foal has some color because I don't want a boring bay.

The vet said Julie's in great health and now I just have to hope I have the funds needed for the vet check ups.

Today was a fantastic day. Well, I was late for the vet appointment which means I only saw half of the exam but next time I'll make sure I get to the barn very early.

I went to Beval's today and I got measured for custom boots (and ordered them) I bought Julie a new bridle that matches her saddle and I bought new stirrups that are pretty awesome; I also bought a new pair of breeches and half chaps and paddock boots. I know I'll use everything I bought since I'm riding all the time. It felt good to be able to buy what I need. Things are looking up I just hope I can afford two horses and that Julie has an easy pregnancy.

My roommate and my co-worker want to throw me a baby shower. It's weird that everyone says I'm having a baby but I guess it's true. I'm the one who is planning for the foal; I'm the one who decided to breed for her. So in a very real sense I am having a baby!!!

The sire is: http://www.tylordfarm.com/cosmophotos.html

I'll try to keep on updating.

No comments:

Post a Comment